Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cure for Polaroid Withdrawl



Although I never owned a Polaroid camera, I like many others felt a stab of regret when Polaroid gave up on its most famous product. Yes, there are some alternatives from Fujifilm, but it's just not the same.
Luckily, The Impossible Project has taken up the mantle of instant analog photography. They've released a type of film called PX100 First Flush, which yields sepia-y monotone prints. Two examples are shown above, and you can see more at their online database.
You can buy the film from their website, a pack for $22, starting March 25 (in two days!). They're also going to release color packs later this year. Yay for analog!

3 comments:

Mack. said...

OMGGGG and you can use it in any 35mm capable-camera??

I have a polaroid camera :( it's a sad little camera in my closet.


also, poladroid is fun on the computer :) http://poladroid.net/index.php

adam said...

i wrote you on CS, but dont think i got a reply...?

but interestin' blogs

Diana B. said...

adam, I replied to you several times on cs AND on facebook. this sin't the first time you've accused me of not replying to you. wtf?